Welcome to my services page, please click on the service you require for more information:
1. One prenatal visit to get to know each other, then explore your options and wishes. We will then create a support plan together.
2. Two prenatal visits exploring childbirth education, pain management, relaxation techniques, newborn care and feeding choices.
3. Early labour support via phone or at your home.
4. I will accompany you and give continuous support during active labour, baby’s birth and stay for 2-3 hours after birth.
5. One postpartum visit which can cover support with breast/bottle feeding and nappy changing etc.
6. On call for you during the period of 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your estimated due date.
7. 24/7 email support.
8. 10am – 6pm phone support.
As your Doula I do not give out medical advice nor do I undertake examinations or any other clinical tasks. I use my training, knowledge and experience to provide continuous support for you and your birth partner in planning and preparing for childbirth. I also assist you in building a rapport with midwives and medical attendants. I cannot make decisions for you, but can give you the correct information so you and your partner can make informed decisions that are right for you both- it’s all about working as a team!
I am happy to show you relaxation techniques, make suggestions for labour progress, positioning and other comfort measures.
If you are considering asking me to be your Doula, the next step would be to arrange a free, no obligation initial meeting. At this meeting you can ask questions and get to know each other better. Pregnancy and birth is a very intimate time, so our personalities need to gel before we can work together. I will also give you time to meet a variety of doulas to ensure you are happy with your choice.
Price typically includes any of the following:
1. Give mum time to rest and recover
2. Assist with breast/bottle feeding
3. Encourage mum to grow in confidence with her new baby
4. Provide emotional support for both parents
5. Spend some time with older siblings
6. Assist with nappy changing
7. Provide company when partner goes back to work
8. Make tea, coffee or light lunches
9. Manage visitors
Parents often find it reassuring to know they have my support in their home or even on the end of the phone. My role within your household can be tailored to what you require at that time. It may be that I can take over care of the baby while mum takes a nap or has a bath, or free up time for dad while he goes shopping or takes some time out. I can entertain your older child while you establish feeding your newborn, or look after baby while you spend some quality time with your older child.
Having someone who is calm, relaxed and used to dealing with newborn babies can really help create a calm, relaxed atmosphere and family! I am there to support and encourage so that I leave you as a close family unit with a confident mother who trusts her own instincts.
View details of the Aquanatal Yoga CLICK HERE
View details of the Antenatal Workshop CLICK HERE
Friendly meet up group for pregnant women and new mothers!
Every 2nd and 4th TUESDAY of the month:
Barry Library, Kings Square, CF63 4RW 1.00 – 2.30pm.
Expecting a baby can be a wonderful but overwhelming time for a mum-to-be!
This group is perfect if you want to meet other expectant mums, are on maternity leave or feeling a bit alone in this journey. Come have a laugh and find out local pregnancy information that can be invaluable in helping you make choices surrounding the birth of your baby. If you have not long given birth and want to reach out to other new mums for support, you are more than welcome.
1. Friendly laid back atmosphere
2. Positive and informative support
3. Socialise with other mums-to-be/ new mums
4. Useful tips and knowledge
5. Tea, Coffee and Biscuits!
6. Lovely central location in a comfortable setting
The Village Sling Library is available with hireable carriers & slings on the 4th Friday of every month (there is a babywearing consultant on hand to help you get a comfortable and snug fit).
Group is free of charge, but a donation towards refreshments is greatly appreciated.
Whether you are 1 week or 42 weeks pregnant….you are always welcome at group!
You can view some of my testimonials here