Typically includes: Prenatal visits exploring childbirth education such as pain relief, breathing, labour positions, birth plans etc.
Pregnancy and birth can be a confusing and overwhelming time for mum’s to be, so through regular contact together we can build a rapport which will enable you to be able to ask all sorts of questions. We can work together on helping you understand the birth process and what to expect during early motherhood.
1. One prenatal visit to get to know each other, then explore your options and wishes. We will then create a support plan together.
2. Two prenatal visits exploring childbirth education, pain management, relaxation techniques, newborn care and feeding choices.
3. Early labour support via phone or at your home.
4. I will accompany you and give continuous support during active labour, baby’s birth and stay for 2-3 hours after birth.
5. One postpartum visit which can cover support with breast/bottle feeding and nappy changing etc.
6. On call for you during the period of 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your estimated due date.
7. 24/7 email support.
8. 10am – 6pm phone support.
As your Doula I do not give out medical advice nor do I undertake examinations or any other clinical tasks. I use my training, knowledge and experience to provide continuous support for you and your birth partner in planning and preparing for childbirth. I also assist you in building a rapport with midwives and medical attendants. I cannot make decisions for you, but can give you the correct information so you and your partner can make informed decisions that are right for you both- it’s all about working as a team!
I am happy to show you relaxation techniques, make suggestions for labour progress, positioning and other comfort measures.
If you are considering asking me to be your Doula, the next step would be to arrange a free, no obligation initial meeting. At this meeting you can ask questions and get to know each other better. Pregnancy and birth is a very intimate time, so our personalities need to gel before we can work together. I will also give you time to meet a variety of doulas to ensure you are happy with your choice.
Price typically includes any of the following:
1. Give mum time to rest and recover
2. Assist with breast/bottle feeding
3. Encourage mum to grow in confidence with her new baby
4. Provide emotional support for both parents
5. Spend some time with older siblings
6. Assist with nappy changing
7. Provide company when partner goes back to work
8. Make tea, coffee or light lunches
9. Manage visitors
Parents often find it reassuring to know they have my support in their home or even on the end of the phone. My role within your household can be tailored to what you require at that time. It may be that I can take over care of the baby while mum takes a nap or has a bath, or free up time for dad while he goes shopping or takes some time out. I can entertain your older child while you establish feeding your newborn, or look after baby while you spend some quality time with your older child.
Having someone who is calm, relaxed and used to dealing with newborn babies can really help create a calm, relaxed atmosphere and family! I am there to support and encourage so that I leave you as a close family unit with a confident mother who trusts her own instincts.
Tailored to those who want low impact exercise during pregnancy irrespective of their fitness or swim level. Classes are held at local pools and are beautifully put together using the ‘Birthlight’ training course which has been accredited by the Royal Collage of Midwives.
Benefits of AquaNatal Yoga include
1. Intense exercise with low impact stress
2. Maintains flexibility of the spine and joints
3. Facilitates bonding between mother and baby
4. Releases tension and aids relaxation
5. Increases oxygen supply
6. Promotes hormonal balance
7. Socialize with other expectant mum’s
8. Lots of fun!
Swimming is one of the best ways to stay active during all stages of pregnancy. Each session provides a safe, warm and private environment for women to maintain fitness and flexibility throughout pregnancy and beyond. I trained with a company called Birthlight, whose approach is based on the principles of Yoga and allows women to relax in their shared enjoyment of simple movements, alongside use of breath and water. The effect of weightlessness whilst in the water not only feels amazing but allows you to get into different positions more easily than on dry land. Classes are available from the 14th week of pregnancy and offer guidance in breathing for birth, pelvic floor awareness and relaxation.
If you would like to find out where our nearest available class is, please contact me via the ‘contact us’ form on the homepage or phone me directly.
Friendly meet up group for pregnant women and new mothers!
Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month:
Barry Library, Kings Square, CF63 4RW 1.00 – 2.30pm.
Expecting a baby can be a wonderful but overwhelming time for a mum-to-be!
This group is perfect if you want to meet other expectant mums, are on maternity leave or feeling a bit alone in this journey. Come have a laugh and find out local pregnancy information that can be invaluable in helping you make choices surrounding the birth of your baby. If you have not long given birth and want to reach out to other new mums for support, you are more than welcome.
1. Friendly laid back atmosphere
2. Positive and informative support
3. Socialise with other mums-to-be/ new mums
4. Useful tips and knowledge
5. Tea, Coffee and Biscuits!
6. Lovely central location in a comfortable setting
The Village Sling Library is available with hireable carriers & slings on the 4th Friday of every month (there is a babywearing consultant on hand to help you get a comfortable and snug fit).
Group is free of charge, but a donation towards refreshments is greatly appreciated.
Whether you are 1 week or 42 weeks pregnant….you are always welcome at group!
Danielle Fox is a trained and fully certified Doula and Aquanatal teacher . Knowledgeable and confident and has plenty of experience with new mothers and their babies. She can ensure you have the emotional and practical support you need right through pregnancy, birth and new motherhood.
Beautifully Blooming Pregnancy & Birth Services in South Wales © Copyright 2019 All Right Reserved.